<< Back to National Alliances
(signed July 16, 2013)
Through the Alliance, OSHA and USITT AND IATSE will work together to provide USITT AND IATSE members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them (1) protect the health and safety of workers, particularly by reducing and preventing exposure to fall, electrical, ergonomic, and powered platform hazards and addressing issues related to youth workers and the standardization of safety practices in the industry, and (2) understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives:
- To share information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
Training and Education:
- To develop effective training and education programs for entertainment technicians regarding fall and electrical hazards and other issues related to the standardization of safety practices in the industry, and to communicate such information to constituent employers and workers.
Outreach and communication:
- To develop information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to develop ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and OSHA's and the USITT's and the IATSE's Web sites) to employers and workers in the industry.
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or USITT and IATSE conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- To share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding USITT and IATSE good practices or effective approaches through training programs, workshops, seminars and
Products and Resources
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages
Areas of Emphasis