Heat Illness Prevention
Every year, dozens of workers die and thousands more become ill while working in hot or humid conditions. OSHA's Heat Illness Prevention campaign educates employers and workers on heat hazards and provides resources to keep workers safe.
Information from Other Agencies
- Hazard Alert: Extreme Heat Can Be Deadly to Workers (PDF) • (Español (PDF)
- Heat Injury and Illness Prevention in Outdoor and Indoor Work Settings Rulemaking
- OSHA National Emphasis Program – Outdoor and Indoor Heat-Related Hazards
- Protecting Workers from the Effects of Heat (PDF)
- Personal Risk Factors and Heat Exposure (PDF)
- See all OSHA publications about Heat
Join our mailing list
By subscribing, you will receive our newsletter on heat illness prevention, The Heat Source.