Through the Alliance, OSHA and the American Red Cross (Red Cross) recognize the value of maintaining a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. Both parties are committed to providing Red Cross members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help to protect the health and safety of workers, including non-English and limited English speaking employees. The Alliance's goals include:
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
- Share information on OSHA's National Emphasis programs, enforcement initiatives, Regulatory Agenda, and opportunities to participate in the rulemaking process.
- Disseminate information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
Outreach and Communication
- Develop training and educational materials on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to develop ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and OSHA's and Red Cross's websites) to employers and workers.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or Red Cross's conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Share information with employers and workers related to emergency preparedness, disease prevention, first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and the use of automated external defibrillators, including annual training requirements.