Through this Alliance, OSHA and ITA will continue to work together to provide ITA members and others in the transportation and general industries with information and resources to protect the safety and health of workers by reducing workplace incidents associated with the use of powered industrial trucks. The Alliance's goals include:
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
- Sharing information on OSHA's National Emphasis Programs, Regulatory Agenda, and opportunities to participate in the rulemaking process.
Outreach and Communication
- Promoting awareness of OSHA's Fall Prevention and Heat Campaigns, as well as sharing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards associated with the use of powered industrial trucks (e.g., struck-bys and tip-overs).
- Expanding existing relationships between ITA and OSHA's Regional and Area Offices to address health and safety issues, including the training of Agency staff and providing technical expertise when appropriate.
- Working with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects such as temporary worker protection, and any other issues that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Training and Education
- Developing materials and effective training aids that align with current regulatory information, interpretations, and enforcement initiatives, as well as promoting an understanding of workers' rights and employer responsibilities outlined in the OSH Act.
- Providing for the delivery of at least three Best Practice Training Seminars annually to agency staff, focusing on powered industrial truck safety and updated design and construction requirements established in the American National Standard for Powered Industrial Trucks (ANSI B56.1-2012).