ITA - Ambassador Document - October 6, 2020
ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE PROGRAM AMBASSADOR RELATIONSHIP
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
THE INDUSTRIAL TRUCK ASSOCIATION
Since entering into an Alliance on January 15, 2004, with subsequent renewals on April 24, 2006, April 9, 2008, and January 11, 2016, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Industrial Truck Association (ITA) have worked together to improve workplace health and safety by sharing information, guidance, and access to training resources that address occupational hazards, and promoting understanding of the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
OSHA and ITA continue to recognize the value of maintaining a collaborative relationship to improve safety and health practices and programs in American workplaces, and commit to continue their work together through an Alliance Program Ambassador relationship.
In recognition of this ongoing commitment, OSHA will continue to foster an active relationship with ITA by:
- Providing routine communication on enforcement, regulatory, and outreach initiatives.
- Sharing invitations to, and offering opportunities to speak at, OSHA Alliance Program and other agency stakeholder meetings or events, such as outreach and training activities through the National, Regional, or Area Offices, and the National Alliance Program Construction Roundtable and Forum.
- Engaging in information sharing and technical discussions, as appropriate, including completing special projects of mutual interest that align with agency priorities and as resources allow.
- Maintaining ITA’s status as an Alliance Program Ambassador on the agency’s public webpage.
ITA will continue to foster an active relationship with OSHA by:
- Sharing information with members and stakeholders on OSHA’s National Initiatives (enforcement, regulatory, and outreach), and encouraging their participation in OSHA’s outreach initiatives and rulemaking processes.
- Sharing information with members and stakeholders on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- Encouraging members and stakeholders to build relationships with OSHA’s National, Regional, and Area Offices to address health and safety issues.
- Sharing information with OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding ITA good practices or effective approaches through training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
- Offering OSHA opportunities to speak, exhibit, or appear at ITA’s conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Adhering to requirements laid out in the Alliance Program Directive regarding the prohibition on promoting or implying the agency’s endorsement of their policies, products, or services, including acknowledging that they will not receive any preferential treatment related to any statutory function of the agency.
- Abiding by all terms and conditions for the use of the Alliance Program logo as specified in OSHA’s Guidelines for Use of the Alliance Logo.
OSHA’s cooperative programs provide organizations an opportunity to participate in a voluntary, collaborative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as raising awareness of OSHA’s initiatives, outreach, communication, training, and education. These programs have proven to be valuable tools for both OSHA and participants. By entering into this Ambassador relationship, OSHA is not endorsing or promoting, nor does it intend to endorse or promote, any of ITA’s products or services.
This Ambassador relationship will remain in effect for the duration of an on-going cooperative association and a good faith effort by both parties to meet the intent of this document and its underlying policies. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days’ written notice.
Signed this 6th day of October, 2020.
Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for
Occupational Safety and Health
Industrial Truck Association