The OSHA, TJC, and JCR Alliance aims to provide TJC-accredited healthcare organizations and other healthcare industry stakeholders with information, guidance, and access to resources that will help them protect the health and safety of workers, and understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. The Alliance will continue to address ergonomic hazards from lifting and repetitive tasks; workplace violence; bloodborne pathogens; tuberculosis; slips, trips, and falls; and other healthcare industry hazards, as appropriate. Specific outreach and communication objectives include:
- Sharing information on OSHA's National Initiatives (Emphasis Programs, Regulatory Agenda, Outreach), and opportunities to participate in initiatives and the rulemaking process.
- Sharing information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- Developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and communicating such information (e.g., via print and electronic media, including JCR's Environment of Care News and TJC's The Joint Commission Online e-newsletter; social media; and the OSHA, TJC, and JCR websites) to employers and workers in the healthcare industry.
- Sharing information with OSHA personnel and healthcare industry safety and health professionals regarding good practices or effective approaches for safeguarding healthcare worker safety through training programs, workshops, seminars, webinars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
- Speaking, exhibiting, or appearing at OSHA, TJC, or JCR conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Convening or participating in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on healthcare industry hazards to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.