Through the Alliance, OSHA, the National STEPS Network, and NIOSH will work together to prevent fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the U.S. onshore exploration and production sector of the oil and gas industry. The goals of the Alliance include:
Raising Awareness of OSHA’s Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
- Share information on OSHA’s enforcement, rulemaking, and other initiatives.
Outreach and Communication
- Develop products that increase awareness of, and promote effective controls for, identified workplace hazards.
- Enhance OSHA’s oil and gas materials.
- Improve the collection and dissemination of NIOSH fatality and injury and illness data to identify and address safety and health issues in the industry, including emerging issues.
- Promote the dissemination and adoption of NIOSH oil and gas research findings and recommendations.
Training and Education
- Support training events, such as the OSHA Oil and Gas Safety and Health Conferences, other conferences, and oil and gas safety stand-downs.
- Provide guidance and resources for development of training for those groups at greatest risk of injury and illness, such as contractors, small companies, short services employees, and temporary workers.