- Crane Manufacturers Association of America (CMAA)
- Hoist Manufacturers Institute (HMI)
- Monorail Manufacturers Association (MMA)
Through the OSHA and CHM Alliance, the organizations are committed to providing their members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help to protect the health and safety of workers who manufacture and use cranes, hoists, and monorails, as well as promote a better understanding of worker rights and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). The Alliance will specifically work to reduce workplace incidents and prevent worker exposures to electrical shock/electrocution, falls from elevations, and being struck by moving equipment. The Alliance goals include:
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
- Share information on OSHA's National Emphasis Programs, Regulatory Agenda, and opportunities to participate in the rulemaking process.
- Disseminate information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
Outreach and communication
- Develop information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards (such as electrical shock/ electrocution, falls from elevations, and being struck by moving equipment) and to develop ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and OSHA's and the CMAA's, HMI's, and MMA's websites) to employers and workers in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or the CHM Partners' conferences, local meetings, or other events, such as ProMat, MODEX, and CMAA's, HMI's, and MMA's semi-annual membership meetings.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding best practices (or effective approaches) and new technology through training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum) developed by the participants.