OSHA, USITT, and IATSE are committed to providing USITT and IATSE members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect the health and safety of workers and understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). Through the Alliance, the Participants will continue to address fall, electrical, ergonomic, and other hazards present in the entertainment industry.
Specific goals and objectives of this Alliance are:
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
- To share information on OSHA's National Emphasis Programs, Regulatory Agenda, and opportunities to participate in the rulemaking process.
- To share information on occupational safety and health laws, standards, and guidance resources, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
Training and Education
- To deliver "Occupational Safety and Health in the Entertainment Industry" training to Federal OSHA, State Plan, and On-Site Consultation Project staff.
Outreach and communication
- To share information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards (e.g., via print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and the OSHA, USITT, and IATSE websites) with employers and workers in the entertainment industry.
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA, USITT, or IATSE conferences, local meetings, or other events.
Products and Resources
Alliance Program Participant Developed Products
Related OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Construction, La Prevención De Fatalidades (Spanish).
- OSHA QuickCard: Aerial Lifts (PDF), Spanish (Spanish - PDF).
- OSHA QuickCard: Portable Generator Safety (PDF), Spanish (Spanish - PDF).
- OSHA Fact Sheet: Working Safely with Electricity (PDF), Spanish (Spanish - PDF).