Through the Alliance, OSHA and ISEA will work together to provide ISEA members, and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect the health and safety of workers, particularly on the proper selection, use, maintenance, and storage of personal protective and other personal safety equipment; and to help them understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act).
The goals of the Alliance include:
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives:
- To share information on OSHA's National Emphasis Programs, Regulatory Agenda, and opportunities to participate in the rulemaking process.
- To share information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including whistleblower protections and the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- To participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on issues related to personal protective equipment to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.
Outreach and Communication:
- To develop information on the proper selection, use, maintenance and storage of personal protective equipment and personal safety equipment, and to develop ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and OSHA's and ISEA's Websites) to employers and workers in the industry.
- To share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding developments in national consensus standards for personal protective equipment and personal safety equipment through training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum) developed by the participants.
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA or ISEA conferences, local meetings, or other regional events.