Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (SMRP)
(signed October 11, 2018)
Through the Alliance, OSHA and SMRP will work together to provide SMRP members and the public with information, guidance, and access to outreach and training resources to help protect workers by reducing and preventing exposure to safety and health hazards in the maintenance, reliability, and physical asset management profession, and promote an understanding of the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act).
The goals of the Alliance include:
Raising Awareness: Outreach and Communication
The Participants intend to work together to achieve the following objectives:
- Share information on OSHA's National Initiatives (e.g., Emphasis Programs, Regulatory Agenda, Outreach), and opportunities to participate in initiatives and the rulemaking process.
- Share information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, and guidance resources, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA and SMRP conferences, local meetings, or other events, including SMRP's Annual Conference.
- Convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding the association's good practices or effective approaches through training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum) developed by the participants.
- Collaborate with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects that reduce and prevent exposure to safety and health hazards in the maintenance, reliability, and physical asset management profession.
- Agreement signed October 11, 2018.