The Alliance with Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS) is focused on the exchange of technical information and best
practices that demonstrate the cost benefits and business value of safety and health management systems.
In addition, it is focused on establishing and improving communication between OSHA and member organizations of RIMS.
To meet the training and education goals:
To meet the outreach and communication goals:
- Key RIMS members have conducted a comprehensive review of the existing OSHA tool, Safety Pays, preliminary to revising the
tool to incorporate updated data, a risk management perspective, and real-life examples.
- Michael Liebowitz, Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc., Vice President, Member & Chapter Satisfaction, and
Director, Risk Management, Bridgeport Hospital & Healthcare Services, Inc. addressed the First Annual OSHA Compliance
Assistance Conference "Loss Prevention, Risk Management, and Selling Safety." September 2002.
- Wayne Salen, ARM, Board member and Vice Chair of the RIMS External Affairs Committee and Director of Risk management for
Niagara County, New York, participated in a panel entitled "Selling Strategic Partnerships, Alliances, and the Value of
Safety and Health" to discuss how to talk to business people about the value of safety in their enterprises. September 2002.
- RIMS polled its membership to learn what types of OSHA services or training they would find useful. The feedback will guide
future outreach efforts under the Alliance.
- OSHA representatives participated in a panel session at the 41st RIMS Conference and Exhibition in Chicago, entitled
"OSHA's Voluntary Guidelines for Ergonomic Injuries." In addition, OSHA had a booth at the Exhibition. April 2003.
-- As of June 2003