Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA)
(Formerly International Mass Retail Association) (signed March 12, 2003; concluded February 28, 2005)
The Alliance focuses on encouraging OSHA and IMRA to use their collective expertise to help foster a culture of prevention while sharing best practices and technical knowledge, including the area of ergonomics. OSHA and IMRA will provide IMRA members with information and guidance to help them protect employees' health and safety and reach out to IMRA members who will benefit from mentoring or guidance in developing, implementing, or improving safety and health programs, including ergonomic programs. The Alliance goals including the following:
Outreach and communication
- Promote training and education programs on safety, health and ergonomic issues.
- Develop and disseminate information at conferences, events, or through print and electronic media, including links from OSHA's and IMRA's Web sites.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Share information on safety, health and ergonomics programs of IMRA members with others in the industry through outreach by IMRA.
- Convene or participate in forums and round table discussions on ergonomic issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
- Agreement signed March 12, 2003.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Close-out Report as of March 31, 2005.
Alliance News Releases
- International Mass Retail Association Forms Alliance With OSHA. OSHA New Release, (2003, March 12).