The Alliance focuses on encouraging OSHA and IMRA to use their collective expertise to help foster a culture of prevention while sharing best practices and technical knowledge, including the area of ergonomics. OSHA and IMRA will provide IMRA members with information and guidance to help them protect employees' health and safety and reach out to IMRA members who will benefit from mentoring or guidance in developing, implementing, or improving safety and health programs, including ergonomic programs. The Alliance goals including the following:
Outreach and communication:
- Promote training and education programs on safety, health and ergonomic issues.
- Develop and disseminate information at conferences, events, or through print and
electronic media, including links from OSHA's and IMRA's Web sites.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Share information on safety, health and ergonomics programs of IMRA members with others in
the industry through outreach by IMRA.
- Convene or participate in forums and round table discussions on ergonomic
issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases
- April 13-16, 2004:Loss Prevention, Auditing and Safety Conference, Wyndham Anatole, Dallas, Texas.
- January 11-14, 2004: IMRA 2004 Logistics Conference, Disney Yacht and Beach Club Resort, Orlando, Florida.
- January 13, 2004: IMRA - OSHA Alliance, Jason Todd, Manager, Government
Affairs, IMRA. Mr. Todd's presentation focused on the recent history of the
ergonomics debate and outlined the outreach and assistance OHSA has demonstrated
with the business industry. In addition, the presentation discussed the basics
of the Alliance IMRA signed with OSHA on March 12, 2003 and the two
organizations' efforts to share best practices in retail distribution centers.
- September 14 - 17, 2003: IMRA '03, Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Orlando, Florida
- March 12, 2003:
John Henshaw, OSHA's then-Assistant Secretary, USDOL/OSHA addressed the International Mass
Retail Association's Loss Prevention, Auditing and Safety Conference immediately prior to signing
the OSHA-IMRA Alliance. During his presentation, he discussed OSHA's strategies including strong,
fair and effective enforcement; outreach, education and compliance assistance; and partnerships
and cooperative programs.