I. Alliance Background
October 7, 2003
The purpose of this alliance was to provide RMSM’s members and others with information, guidance,
and access to training resources that will help them protect employees’ health and safety,
particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to workplace hazards and especially during the
changeout of the Electric Arc Furnace (EAF).
Implementation Team Members
George Flynn, Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS), (OSHA/EAO)
Dave Wilson, Manager, Safety and Security (RMSM)
October 7, 2004 – October 7, 2005
II. Implementation Team Meetings
October 22, 2004 OSHA Implementation Team met at Pueblo Community College (PCC)
November 19, 2004 OSHA Implementation Team met at PCC.
December 2, 2004 OSHA Implementation Team met at PCC.
April 7, 2005 OSHA Implementation Team met at PCC.
August 2, 2005 OSHA Implementation Team met at PCC.
III. Events and Products
Training and Education
- (1/13/05) RMSM supported Fall Protection Safety Awareness seminar conducted by OSHA compliance
personnel and fall protection vendors.
- (2/1/05) Compliance Program Manager assisted in Rigging training for RMSM crane operators.
- (6/8/05) RMSM supported Respiratory Protection seminar conducted by OSHA compliance personnel and
respiratory protection vendors.
- (7/14/05) RMSM supported First Meeting of Pueblo Alliance of Safety Committees (PASCO)
- (7/20/05) RMSM supported Crane Rigging seminar and workshop at PCC.
Outreach and Communication
- OSHA promoted Alliance and trainings via local eNewsletters
- RMSM promoted Alliance and trainings via internal communications, contractor contacts and peer networks.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- Positive feedback among Pueblo area business representatives expressing appreciation for the
increased availability of local OSHA training opportunities.
- Increased cooperation/collaboration between RMSM and OSHA’s other Alliance partner in the area,
Pueblo Community College.
- 207 individuals trained.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print
and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
|Fall Protection Awareness Seminar held at PCC
|Crane Rigging Training
|Respiratory Protection Seminar
IV. Upcoming Milestones
During the upcoming year of this Alliance, activities will be largely directed toward delivering
training aimed at protecting workers involved in the EAF changeout project. This training will also
be open to other employers in Pueblo and surrounding areas. Specifically, 4 training sessions are
planned, including, but not limited to the following topics:
- Drugs in the Workplace (Jan. 2006)
- Workplace Violence (Mar. 2006)
RMSM will continue to provide support to PASCO by advertising events and
serving on the PASCO Steering Committee.
RMSM will provide support, throughout the year, to events planned in conjunction with the Pueblo
Community College Alliance and is also working with PCC to implement a Mechanical and Electrical