Back to Concluded Alliances - Region V
- Alliance Background
January 21, 2005
The Alliance provides parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship
with OSHA for training and education; outreach and communication; and promoting a dialogue on
workplace safety and health awareness and commitment.
Implementation Team Members
Wisconsin OSHA Area Directors
Wisconsin Ready Mix Concrete Association, OES (Operations, Environmental, Safety) Committee
Wisconsin Safety Consultation Program Manager
Wisconsin Health Consultation Program Manager
- Implementation Team Meetings
Team Meetings were held at the WRMCA Office in Madison, WI on the following dates:
March 31, 2006
June 23, 2006
September 8, 2006
December 14, 2006
May 4, 2007
- Activities and Products
The evaluation period is from March 30, 2006 to August 24, 2007
- Training and Education:
- OSHA and the Wisconsin Consultation conducted a two days OSHA 10+ training at the Annual and
Environment Safety Workshop held in the Wisconsin Dells on 2/6-7/07.
- The Madison Area Office arranged for Mr. Kevin Daskam from Frito-Lay a VPP company to speak to the
WRMCA committee about Transportation Safety during the June 23rd 2006 meeting.
- Outreach and Communication:
- The Area Director from the Appleton Area office wrote an article titled OSHA, DOT, and Trucks
which explained where OSHA had jurisdiction over trucks and when the DOT had jurisdiction. The
article was published in the first edition of the bi-annual newsletter titled Operations,
Environmental and Safety Bulletin (OES).
- The Compliance Assistant Specialist from the Eau Claire Area Office submitted and article on Lock
Out /Tag Out which was published in one of the Association’s news letters.
- Promoting the National Dialogue on Safety and Health
- OSHA and the OES Committee attend quarterly meeting which exceeds the requirements of having
biannual meetings as set forth in the alliance. During each quarterly meeting any safety or health
issues that has come up since the last meeting are discussed
- OSHA along with the Wisconsin Consultation conducted OSHA 10+ training at the Environment Safety
Workshop in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
- Madison’s Area Office arranged to have a representative from a VPP company in their area to speak
at one of the quarterly meetings
- A LOTO article was written by the Compliance Assistance Specialist for publication in one of the
association’s news letters.
- WRMCA has begun publishing a Bi-Annual Newsletter the Appleton Area Director contributed an
article for the first edition.
- Impact of the Alliance activities and products during the reporting period.
Over the past three years, the average of lost time & restricted duty claims per Member Company has
decreased 48% recordable injuries have been reduced by 37% and the average experience modification
rate has been reduced by 11%.
Employees taking part in the OSHA 10+ training have a better understanding of the hazards they will
encounter when they deliver to a paper mill as well as other construction sites.
The articles written for the newsletter and bi-annual safety bulletin have wide reaching effects in
that they are electronically transmitted to all members.
By OSHA attending the quarterly meetings and the Environment Safety Workshop members of the
associations are able to develop a dialog with OSHA.
- Each activity and the number of individuals reached or trained during the reporting period is
listed in the following table.
|Type of Activity (Conference,
Training, Print and
Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals
|Environment Safety Workshop
OSHA 10+ training
|61 attend workshop and 61 also took the OSHA 10+
|OSHA, DOT, and Trucks article for bi-annual Safety
|LOTO article for weekly newsletter
|Transportation Safety presentation by Kevin Daskam
- Upcoming Milestones
The Alliance will expire on January 21, 2008. WRMCA would like to develop another
alliance. WMRMC would like to sign the new alliance at the next quarterly meeting.
The next environment safety workshop will be held February 14th and 15th, 2008 at the Kahari
Conference Center in the Wisconsin Dells.
Report Prepared by: James R. Taetsch
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.