Back to Region V
February 24, 2012
The Safety Council of Northwest Ohio (SCNWO) Alliance utilizes collective expertise to help foster a culture of prevention while sharing best practices, technical knowledge, and training resources.
Implementation Team Members
The Safety Council of Northwest Ohio
Dennis McMickens, President and CEO
Robert Momany, Vice President of Programs & Services
Kimberly Nelson, Area Director
Chad Positano, Compliance Assistance Specialist
Jim McManus, Safety Specialist
- Implementation Team Meetings
February 24, 2012 - Meeting at SCNWO during Alliance agreement signing
July 26, 2012 - Meeting at SCNWO during Residential Fall Protection training course
January 22, 2013 - Meeting during joint Electrical/FR PPE training course
- Activities and Products
February 24, 2012 - February 24, 2013
- Training and Education
- May 16, 2012 - OSHA and the SCNWO collaborated with other stakeholders to hold NW Ohio Safety and Health Day, offering education/training courses for approximately 415
local stakeholders in various safety and health functions.
- June 5, 2012 - CAS presented during an arc flash hazard training session held at the SCNWO.
- July 13, 2012 - The SCNWO provided a Defensive Driving refresher training for the Toledo AO staff to help meet an office safety and health goal.
- July 26, 2012 - CAS and the SCNWO held a joint program for residential construction fall protection.
- July 31, 2012 - CAS presented during a SCNWO training program on Hazcom/GHS changes.
- September 25, 2012 - AD presented at the joint construction group monthly meeting.
- October 15, 2012 - CSHO presented at a COSS class put on by the SCNWO.
- October 30, 2012 - CAS presented during an arc flash hazard training class held at the SCNWO.
- February 7, 2013 - AD presented at a COSS class at the SCNWO.
- February 20, 2013 - AD presented during the annual OSHA update program sponsored by the SCNWO
- Outreach and Communication
- June 12, 2012 - CAS emailed residential fall protection guideline information to the SCNWO for distribution to their members.
- July 24, 2012 - CAS emailed the Construction Fatality Digest to the SCNWO for distribution to their members.
- October 23, 2012 - CAS emailed the Construction Fatality Digest to the SCNWO for distribution to their members.
- February 5, 2013 - CAS provided information and guidance documents on workplace violence and multi-employer worksite policies to the SCNWO.
- Promoting the National Dialogue on Safety and Health
- January 22, 2013 - CAS and SCNWO participated in a joint arc flash/FR PPE training and education program, sponsored in conjunction with other local and national stakeholders.
- The Toledo AO AD continues to sit on the Board of Directors of the SCNWO.
None to report.
- The OSHA/SCNWO Alliance provides opportunities to increase the safety and health knowledge of safety council members in Northwest Ohio. OSHA personnel provide current occupational safety and health information to the Council, who in turn distribute to their membership either via email or newsletter venues. In addition, the parties conduct joint training and education courses to SCNWO members and other stakeholders.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
|Annual OSHA Update
|NW Ohio Safety and Health Day Collaboration
|Defensive Driving Class
|Electrical/FR PPE Course
|Fall Protection Workshops
|Electronic distribution of construction and fall protection outreach
- Upcoming Milestones
The Alliance is effective for one more year, at which time the implementation team will reconvene to discuss continuing the Alliance. This has been an extremely effective Alliance over multiple renewals, and the Agency should pursue continuing the Alliance going forward.
Report Prepared by: Kimberly Nelson, Area Director
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.