ANNUAL ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS' ASSOCIATION OF
CITY OF CHICAGO ALLIANCE REPORT
November 24, 2009
- Alliance Background
December 15, 2008
The alliance was developed to provide ECA members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to electrical hazards and those associated with the installation, maintenance and site management of electrical systems.
Implementation Team Members
- Frank Peters
- Chief Operating Officer, Electrical Contractors' Association of City of Chicago
- Brad Weir
- President, Electrical Contractors' Association of City of Chicago
- Mica Torricelli
- Acting Program Manager DCEO
- Thomas Broderick
- Executive Director, Construction Safety Council
- Nancy Hauter
- Compliance Assistance Specialist, OSHA Chicago North Area Office (Left 6/09)
Implementation Team Meetings
CAS Nancy Hauter met with the ECA Safety Committee prior to the official alliance signing on 11/4/08 to discuss the goals of the alliance and proposed activities and training once the alliance was officially in place. Email and phone contact was maintained throughout the year to address technical and training issues.
Activities and Products
This report covers the time period of December 15, 2008 to December 15, 2009.
- Training was conducted as part of a Safety Forum on 9/23/09. As part of the forum, OSHA provided training on OSHA inspections, hazards related to emphasis programs, top citations in the construction industry, multi-employer policy and an OSHA update relating to upcoming standards and potential changes. Representatives from ComEd provided a presentation on powerline safety also.
- In addition to the Safety Forum, technical assistance was provided to the association throughout the evaluation period via phone calls between the OSHA and the association or association members.
- The association was also included in periodic email safety blasts, providing updates and technical safety alerts.
- Materials were provided to the association and association members throughout the year via email and at the Safety Forum.
- No other Alliance products were produced during the evaluation period.
This alliance has provided valuable technical information for contractors and their employees.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
Safety Forum 30 Recalls emailed 10000 Total 10,030
The Alliance Partners will continue to work together to address emerging issues and develop strategies to address those concerns.
Report Prepared by: Jake ScottBack to Top