- Alliance Background:
Originally signed on December 11, 2003
Renewed on February 27, 2006
Renewed on March 8, 2011
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Sunshine Safety Council, Inc formed an Alliance to provide the Sunshine Safety Council, Inc. members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help protect employees’ health and safety by implementing work zone safety and control programs and effective safety and health management systems.
Implementation Team Members:
The implementation team consisted of representatives from the Sunshine Safety Council, Inc. and the OSHA Area Office in Jacksonville, Florida.
Same as above
The Sunshine Safety Council, Inc. Alliance milestone report covers the period January 1, 2011, through December 31, 2011.
- Implementation Team:
Meetings were held on 01/16/2011 and 6/24/2011
- Events and Products
Training and Education
- During this period, the Alliance group trained 165 employees and supervisors on Maintenance of Traffic (work zone) safety through Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) approved training programs.
- Work zone safety information was effectively communicated to Alliance participants and the general public through the Sunshine Safety Council's Driver Improvement courses. During this period, approximately 4,500 people were impacted by the Alliance group, which distributed work zone safety outreach material and conducted safety fairs.
- During this period, the Alliance group, led by the Sunshine Safety Council, continued to offer and promote the OSHA Outreach 10 and 30 hour courses for Alliance members and others.
- During this period, the Sunshine Safety Council continued to work cooperatively with the International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) by providing work zone safety training to approximately 171 workers. These workers were seeking the following IMSA training:
- Traffic Signals
- Traffic Signal Inspection
- Signs & Markings Certification
Outreach and Communication
- During this period, the Sunshine Safety Council continued to effectively use social networking sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn to share work zone safety information with safety professionals and the general public.
Refer to the events listed above
Upcoming Milestones in FY 2012-2013
- Renew the Sunshine Safety Council Alliance
- Conduct an OSHA Recordkeeping Seminar for Alliance participants.
Report Contact: Mark E. Davis, Assistant Area Director (AAD)
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.