AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI AREA OFFICE
PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE (PRCC) LINEMAN TRAINING BOARD
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Pearl River Community College (PRCC) Lineman Training Board recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and the PRCC Lineman Training Board hereby form an Alliance to provide career/technical education teachers, students and others with information, guidance and access to training resources that will help protect employees' and career/technical education students' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing youth workers exposure to hazards in the construction and electric power transmission and distribution industries. In developing this Alliance OSHA, and the PRCC Lineman Board recognize that OSHA's State Plan and Consultation Project partners are an integral part of the OSHA national effort.
OSHA and the PRCC Lineman Board will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop training and education programs for career-technical education students and educators regarding electrical hazards, and to provide expertise in communicating such information to students and educators in the industry.
- Deliver or arrange for delivery of safety and health training courses focusing on electric power transmission and distribution, general and the construction industries.
OSHA and the PRCC Lineman Board will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and to provide career/technical education) to students and educators in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at career/technical education sponsored events, such as conferences, professional development workshops, local meetings, or other events related to protecting the safety and health of youth workers in Mississippi.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding PRCC Lineman Board best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by PRCC Lineman Board and through OSHA- or PRCC Lineman Board- developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
OSHA's Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proven to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into this Alliance OSHA and the PRCC Lineman Board are not endorsing any of the signatories' products or services; nor do the signatories enter into this Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party's products or services.
An implementation team consisting of representatives of the organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results toward achieving the goals of the Alliance.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years from the date of signing and will be automatically renewed annually thereafter. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of both signatories and may be terminated for any reason within 30 days following written notice to the other signatory.
Clyde P. Payne
Jackson Area Office Director
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Work Force Education Director
Pearl River Valley Community College