U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Birmingham Area Office
950 22nd Street North, Suite 1050
Birmingham, AL 35203
(205) 731-1534; Fax (205) 731-0504
Associated Builders and Contractors of Alabama (ABC)
Annual Status Report
October 26, 2007
- Alliance Background
August 24, 2006
This alliance was formed between the participating agency and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) with the purpose of promoting safe and healthful working conditions particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to hazards, such as falls, excavations, struck-by and silica, by providing employers and workers with assistance and knowledge regarding OSHA requirements and the development of an effective safety and health management system.
Implementation Team Membership
Representatives from OSHA and the Associated Builders and Contractors of Alabama (ABC)
Same as above.
August 24, 2006, thru August 24, 2007
- Implementation Team Meetings
The group conducted implementation meetings in August 1, 2007 and September 27, 2007
(Representatives from OSHA and the ABC also communicated on a monthly basis)
- Events and Products
Training and Education
- Library has remained supplied with OSHA construction materials. The Birmingham Compliance Assistance Specialist has remained in contact with ABC's Vice President to discuss potential joint ventures. The CAS has also attended the monthly ABC Safety Committee meetings to provide an OSHA Update and reinforce the availability of the library materials.
- Monthly safety meetings of the ABC Safety Committee include a discussion of the library and an OSHA update for current events and emphasis programs.
- The library remains stocked and any new materials are taken to the library. New OSHA materials are passed out at the monthly ABC committee meetings.
Outreach and Communication
- The OSHA Area Office effectively coordinates with the ABC, to ensure the library is properly stocked with training and outreach materials.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- Refer to the information above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2008
- Further efforts to enhance the library will be undertaken by the OSHA CAS and volunteers from the ABC Safety Committee. Plans are to categorize and label displays of materials and determine other materials that are needed or will be beneficial to members. Planning for this activity will occur January 25, 2008.