|<< Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region IV
- Alliance Background
Date Signed: August 24, 2006
Overview: This alliance was formed between the
participating agency and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) with the purpose of
promoting safe and healthful working conditions particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to
hazards, such as falls, excavations, struck-by and silica, by providing employers and workers with
assistance and knowledge regarding OSHA requirements and the development of an effective safety and
health management system.
Implementation Team Membership: Representatives
from OSHA and the Associated Builders and Contractors of Alabama (ABC)
Contributors: Same as above.
August 24, 2006, thru August 24, 2007
- Implementation Team Meetings:
The group conducted implementation meetings in August 1, 2007 and September 27, 2007
(Representatives from OSHA and the ABC also communicated on a monthly basis)
- Events and Products
Training and Education
- Library has remained supplied with OSHA construction materials. The Birmingham Compliance
Assistance Specialist has remained in contact with ABC’s Vice President to discuss potential joint
ventures. The CAS has also attended the monthly ABC Safety Committee meetings to provide an OSHA
Update and reinforce the availability of the library materials.
- Monthly safety meetings of the ABC Safety Committee include a discussion of the library and an
OSHA update for current events and emphasis programs.
Outreach and Communication
- The library remains stocked and any new materials are taken to the library. New OSHA materials
are passed out at the monthly ABC committee meetings.
- The OSHA Area Office effectively coordinates with the ABC, to ensure the library is properly
stocked with training and outreach materials.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health Events
- Refer to the information above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2008
- Further efforts to enhance the library will be undertaken by the OSHA CAS and volunteers from
the ABC Safety Committee. Plans are to categorize and label displays of materials and determine
other materials that are needed or will be beneficial to members. Planning for this activity will
occur January 25, 2008.