ANNUAL ALLIANCE REPORT
PENNSYLVANIA AREA OFFICES
PENNSYLVANIA ASSOCIATION OF OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH
November 18, 2010
- Alliance Background
June 7, 2007
May 22, 2009
Develop training and education programs for occupational health nurses and human resource professionals regarding OSHA standards and key issues in workplace safety and health training including such topics as bloodborne pathogens, OSHA recordkeeping, emergency preparedness, MSDs and workplace violence prevention.
Implementation Team Members
Daurice Holly, President PAAOHN; Juanita Kantner, PAAOHN Alliance Coordinator; PA OSHA Compliance Assistance Specialists; Gregory Tate, OSHA; PAAOHN Chapter Presidents.
- Implementation Team Meetings
Numerous contacts (telephone conference calls and e-mail exchanges) were made to prepare for the training sessions, conferences and events throughout the year, including contacts directly with the area offices supporting the agreement.
- Activities and Products
- The CAS from the Allentown and Harrisburg Area Offices co-presented the OSHA Recordkeeping Rules and Regulations to 20 attendees. 9/3/09
- The CAS from the Harrisburg AO conducted 2 presentations reaching 75 attendees at the 47th annual Educational Conference at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, PA from December 2-4th, 2009. The first presentation included and OSHA Update including information on Recordkeeping, OSHA's Top 10 Hazards, Ergonomics and the OSHA Field Operations Manual. The second presentation was an update on the H1N1 Influenza Pandemic. 12/3/09
- The CAS from the Allentown Area Office provided a training to PAAOHN members on OSHA Recordkeeping for approximately 22 attendees. 1/29/10
- OSHA staff from the Philadelphia Area Office presented a two-hour training for PAAOHN members. The training included the OSHA Update as well as information on Pandemic Influenza. There were approximately 30 attendees trained. 5/12/10
June 7, 2009 - June 7, 2010Training and Education
- Harrisburg CAS staffed an OSHA exhibit table for the 47th annual PAAOHN Conference in Hershey, PA, on December 2-4, 2009. Approximately attendees.
- Alliance continued to implement the PAAOHN web site feature "Ask the OSHA Compliance Assistance Specialist" which connects PAAOHN membership to OSHA staff for quick answers to OSHA compliance and occupational safety and health questions.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)||Number of Individuals Reached or Trained|
|See Training and Education Section for attendance breakdown|
Plans for the upcoming year include advanced OSHA Recordkeeping training for membership along with continued emphasis on programs that include OSHA Updates, emergency response and pandemic flu.
Report Prepared by: Gregory Tate, Philadelphia Regional Office
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's webpage.Back to Top