Pennsylvania Association of Occupational Health Nurses (PAAOHN)
ANNUAL ALLIANCE REPORT
- Alliance Background
June 7, 2007
May 22, 2009
Develop training and education programs for occupational health nurses and human resource professionals regarding OSHA standards and key issues in workplace safety and health training including such topics as bloodborne pathogens, OSHA recordkeeping, emergency preparedness, MSDs and workplace violence prevention.
Implementation Team Members
Kim Olszewski, President PAAOHN; Juanita Kantner, PAAOHN Alliance Coordinator; Barbara Bray, OSHA; PAAOHN Chapter Presidents; PA OSHA Compliance Assistance Specialists (CAS)
June 7, 2008 - June 7, 2009
- Implementation Team Meetings
Alliance implementation survey of PAAOHN Chapter presidents at 10/11/08 PAAOHN Conference in Fogelsville, PA by OSHA Regional Office Alliance Coordinator; May 2009 Implementation and Renewal Conference Call.
- Events and Products
Training and Education
- OSHA Update to 80 attendees at 10th Annual Northeast Regional Occupational Safety and Health Conference & Expo in Wilkes-Barre, PA, 10/1/08
- OSHA Update to 50 attendees at PA Occupational Nurses Conference held in Fogelsville, PA 10/18/08
- OSHA Update and "Top Ten Violations" to 22 attendees at joint meeting of PAAOHN and Association of Occupational Health Professionals, 3/27/09
Outreach and Communication
- Harrisburg organized an OSHA exhibit table for the 46th annual PAAOHN Conference in Hershey, PA, Dec. 3-5 2008. Approximately 50 attendees.
- May 2009. Alliance organized and designed PAAOHN web site feature "Ask the OSHA Compliance Assistance Specialist" which connects PAAOHN membership to OSHA staff for quick answers to OSHA compliance and occupational safety and health questions.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)||Number of Individuals Reached or Trained|
|See Training and Education Section for attendance breakdown|
OSHA and PAAOHN renewed their alliance on May 22, 2009. Plans for the upcoming year include advanced OSHA Recordkeeping training for membership along with continued emphasis on programs that include OSHA Updates and pandemic flu.Back to Top