Following is additional information regarding the activities and accomplishments of the OSHA and NUCA Alliance during 2004-2005.
Training and Education
- Through the Alliance Program, NUCA instructors delivered NUCA training programs, including the Excavation Safety and Competent Person Training program and the Confined Space Entry Awareness program, to federal and state plan state representatives.
Outreach and Communication
- NUCA encouraged its chapters to develop communications and share information with OSHA Regional, Area and State Plan offices through formal and informal avenues.
- Frank Perrino, Instructor, OSHA Training Institute, made a presentation at the 2005 NUCA Annual Safety Forum.
- NUCA supported OSHA’s Trenching Initiative by providing expertise to the Agency and disseminating compliance assistance information and products to utility contractors.
- NUCA invited OSHA to exhibit at the 2005 NUCA Expo and share the agency’s compliance assistance information and resources with the attendees.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Safety and Health
- NUCA leaders promoted the importance of safe and healthy workplaces during speeches to the association’s chapter meetings and to construction–related and other industry groups.
Addendum prepared by: Jess McCluer, Alliance Coordinator, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances, October 12, 2006