Network of Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS)
(signed October 6, 2003; concluded October 6, 2005)
Through the Alliance, OSHA and NETS will work together to help reduce traffic collisions and related deaths and injuries within the nation's workforce. OSHA and NETS will provide employers of all sizes with access to information and training resources and share best practices and technical knowledge regarding workplace traffic safety programs. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Share information on the best practices of NETS members/worksites with other employers through outreach by NETS and through OSHA or NETS developed training programs and materials; as jointly defined by OSHA and NETS.
- Work with OSHA's Salt Lake Technical Center to provide input on electronic assistance tools for workplace traffic safety programs, including fleet safety programs.
- Provide employers of all sizes with access to information and resources, through OSHA personnel such as OSHA's Compliance Assistance Specialists and NETS states that can be used to create effective workplace traffic safety programs.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects related to traffic and fleet safety that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
- Agreement signed October 6, 2003.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2003-2004, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Close-Out Report as of October 6, 2005.
Alliance News Releases
- Network of Employers For Traffic Safety Aligns With OSHA to Reduce Job-Related Traffic Injuries and Fatalities. OSHA News Release, (2003, October 6).