National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE)
(signed April 27, 2015, concluded April 27, 2017)
OSHA and the NCTE formed an Alliance to provide NCTE affiliates and others with information, guidance, and access to OSHA resources that will help them protect the health and safety of workers, particularly by: (1) helping to ensure adequate access to workplace restrooms, and (2) understanding the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). The goals of the Alliance include:
Outreach and Communication
- Review, promote and disseminate the OSHA-developed bulletin of recommended best practices for restroom access for transgender workers.
- Disseminate quarterly (via print or electronic media, such as the NCTE's web site) information on topics such as OSHA's initiatives, workers' rights, employer responsibilities, and other information on occupational safety and health to employers and workers.
- Provide opportunities for OSHA to speak, exhibit, or appear at conferences, local meetings, or other events sponsored by the NCTE or allied organizations.
- Agreement signed April 27, 2015.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2015-2016, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
Alliance News Releases and QuickTakes
- OSHA and the National Center for Transgender Equality form alliance to protect safety, health of transgender workers. OSHA News Release, (2015, May 4).
- OSHA and the National Center for Transgender Equality form alliance to protect safety, health of transgender workers. OSHA QuickTakes, (2015, May 4).
Products and Resources
Related Safety and Health Topics Pages
- A Guide to Restroom Access for Transgender Workers (PDF). OSHA Publication 3795, (2015).