National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) and Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute, Inc. (SAAMI)
(signed August 5, 2002; renewed May 19, 2005; renewed August 21, 2007; concluded August 5, 2009)
The OSHA and NSSF/SAAMI Alliance focuses on providing shooting range operators, developers and others, including small businesses, with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety. In particular, the Alliance addresses reducing and preventing exposure to airborne lead and noise. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education:
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of training courses on lead management or hearing conservation issues.
Outreach and communication:
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's, NSSF's or SAAMI's conferences, local meetings, or other shooting range industry events, such as the Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and shooting range industry safety and health professionals regarding OSHA, NSSF and SAAMI best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by OSHA, NSSF and SAAMI and through OSHA-, NSSF- and/or SAAMI-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects related to the shooting range industry that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
- Agreement signed August 5, 2002.
- Renewal Agreement signed May 19, 2005.
- Renewal Agreement signed August 21, 2007.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2002-2003, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2003-2004, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2004-2005, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2005-2006, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2006-2007, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2007-2008, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
Alliance News Releases
- OSHA, National Association of Shooting Ranges, Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Form Alliance. Goal to Promote Safe and Healthful Workplaces. OSHA News Release (2002, August 5).
- Work Safe, Play Safe: Managing Airborne Lead at Indoor Shooting Ranges. NASR News Release (2004, December 13).
- OSHA, National Association of Shooting Ranges, Sporting Arms & Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute Inc. Renew Alliance. OSHA News Release (2005, May 19).
- NASR,SAAMI Renew Safety Alliance with OSHA. NASR News Release (2005, May 26).
- OSHA Renews Alliance with the NSSF and SAAMI. OSHA News Release (2007, August 27).