CPWR- The Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR)
(signed January 11, 2017)
Through the OSHA and CPWR Alliance, the organizations are committed to providing construction workers, employers, and others, including members of other construction alliances, with information, guidance, and access to safety and health research findings, interventions, and related training resources that will help them protect the health and safety of workers, particularly by reducing and preventing exposure to known and emerging construction hazards that are the focus of research efforts, and understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). The Alliances’ goals include:
Raising awareness of OSHA/EPA rulemaking and enforcement activities:
- To convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on known and emerging construction hazards to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.
- To encourage worker participation in workplace safety and health by disseminating research findings, solutions, and training programs that address known and emerging construction hazards.
Outreach and Communication
- To develop information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to develop ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and OSHA's and CPWR’s websites) to employers and workers in the industry.
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or CPWR’s conferences, local meetings, or other construction industry events, including OSHA’s Alliance Program Construction Roundtable.
- To share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding CPWR research-based good practices or effective approaches through training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum) developed by the participants.
- Agreement signed January 11, 2017.