Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP), Council on Certification of Health, Environmental and Safety Technologists (CCHEST) and American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH)
(signed February 22, 2008; concluded February 22, 2010)
Through the Alliance, BCSP, CCHEST and ABIH will use their collective expertise to help enhance safety professionals' and industrial hygienists' education and professional expertise and promote the value of increasing safety and industrial hygiene competency in the workplace. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing materials and programs to promote professionalism and the awareness, value and benefits of achieving safety and health certifications and assist with the dissemination of such information to employers and employees through print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, OSHA's, BCSP's, CCHEST's and ABIH's Web sites and other appropriate media.
- Speak, exhibit or appear at conferences, local meetings or other events to disseminate and promote OSHA, BCSP, CCHEST and ABIH developed information on safety and health certification and professionalism.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and safety and health professionals regarding achieving and maintaining professionalism and BCSP, CCHEST and/or ABIH certifications.
- Work with other Alliance participants on safety and health certification and professionalism issues and projects.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions or stakeholder meetings on safety and health certification and professionalism issues.
- Agreement signed February 22, 2008.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2008-2009, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
Alliance News Releases
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene Signs Alliance Agreement with OSHA. ABIH News Release, (2008, March 14).
- BCSP Forms New Alliance with OSHA. BCSP News Release, (2008, March 3).
- CCHEST Forms New Alliance with OSHA. CCHEST News Release, (2008, March 3).
- OSHA Forms New Alliance with Safety and Health Professional Certification Organizations. OSHA News Release, (2008, February 26).
Products and Resources
- BCSP Fact Sheet. Through the OSHA and Council on Certification of Health, Environment and Safety Technologists (CCHEST)/Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) Alliance, BCSP developed "BCSP Fact Sheet." The Fact Sheet provides information about the value of Certified Safety Professionals certification. (2006, May; Updated 2008, March).
- Career Paths in Safety. Through the OSHA and Council on Certification of Health, Environment and Safety Technologists (CCHEST) Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) Alliance, CCHEST and BCSP developed "Career Paths in Safety." The document provides details about careers for safety and health professionals. (2006, March; Updated 2008, March).
- ABIH/OSHA Alliance page
- BCSP Database of Safety and Related Academic Programs in the United States. Users can search this database to find U.S. academic programs in safety and related fields, including industrial hygiene, fire protection and the environment. In addition, users can search by program level, including undergraduate and graduate certificates and associate and bachelor degrees.
- BCSP/OSHA Alliance page
- CCHEST/OSHA Alliance page
- Career Guide to the Safety Profession
- Evaluating a Safety Degree Curriculum Using Job Analysis for Professional Safety Practice
- Evaluating an Associate Safety Degree Curriculum Using Job Analysis for the Occupational Health and Safety Technologist Certification