Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
(signed February 1, 2018)
Through the Alliance, OSHA and BCSP will work to provide BCSP certification holders and others with information, guidance, and access to resources that will help them protect the health and safety of workers and understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act).
The goals of the Alliance include:
- To collaborate on, share, and disseminate information on outreach initiatives promoting improved workplace safety and health, such as the Safe + Sound Campaign and National Safety Stand-Down to Prevent Falls in Construction.
- To collaborate on, share, and disseminate safety and health information such as occupational safety and health laws, standards, guidance resources, safety and health competency standards, and professional development through print and electronic media, OSHA and BCSP websites, and social media, as appropriate.
- To provide BCSP expertise during the development, review, and dissemination of guidance documents promoting the advancement of safety and health programs and the role of safety and health practitioners.
- To convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings that focus on: best practices for occupational safety and health; foundational safety and health concepts and occupational safety and health career paths among youth; innovative workplace safety and health solutions; and input on safety and health issues of mutual interest.
- Agreement signed February 1, 2018.
Alliance News Releases and QuickTakes
- OSHA and the Board of Certified Safety Professionals Form Alliance to Provide Safety and Health Information to Certification Holders. OSHA News Release, (2018, February 2).