American Wind Energy Association (AWEA)
(signed August 8, 2011; concluded January 14, 2015)
Through the Alliance, OSHA and AWEA will provide AWEA affiliates and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them 1) protect the health and safety of workers, particularly by reducing and preventing exposure to fall, electrical, and crane hazards, and 2) understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). The Alliance's goals include:
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
- To share information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- To convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions, or stakeholder meetings on fall, electrical, and crane hazards in wind energy industry maintenance and operations to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.
Training and Education
- To develop effective training and education programs for workers in the wind energy industry regarding fall, electrical, and crane hazards in maintenance and operations, and to communicate such information to constituent employers and workers.
Outreach and Communication
- To develop information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to develop ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and OSHA's and the AWEA's Web sites) to employers and workers in the industry.
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or AWEA's conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- To share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding AWEA's good practices or effective approaches through training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable forum) developed by the participants.
- Agreement signed August 8, 2011.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2011-2012, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2012-2013, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2013-2014, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Close-out Report as of January 14, 2015.
Alliance News Releases and QuickTakes
- OSHA staff trained in wind energy industry worker safety. OSHA QuickTakes, (2015, September 2).
Products and Resources
- Fall Protection Training Module (PPTX*). Through the OSHA and the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) Alliance, AWEA developed a safety training program which provides employees in the wind industry with an introduction on fall protection. The program contains practical precautions and instruction to help workers reduce risks at job sites while taking into account the requirements for the job. (2013, August).
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs at (202) 693-2200 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs at (202) 693-2200.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top