American Textile Manufacturers Institute (ATMI)
(signed August 12, 2002; concluded March 31, 2004)
The ATMI Alliance promotes safe and healthy working conditions for the textile industry's employees by providing information and guidance to reduce and prevent exposure to cotton dust, noise, and the unintended release of mechanical, electrical, or other energy hazards and by reaching out to members who may benefit from mentoring or guidance in developing, implementing, or improving safety and health management systems. The Alliances' goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Develop and disseminate information and guidance through print and electronic media, particularly the ATMI and OSHA web sites.
- Promote and encourage the ATMI members' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs and mentoring among ATMI members.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Encourage Quest members to act as industry liaisons and resources for OSHA's cooperative programs and Compliance Assistance Specialists.
- Share information on the best practices of participants in the Quest for the Best program with other ATMI members.
- Agreement signed August 12, 2002.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Close-out Report as of March 31, 2004.
Alliance News Releases
- OSHA, American Textile Manufacturers Institute Form Alliance. OSHA News Release, (2002, August 12).