<< Back to Concluded Alliances
(originally signed March 30, 2005; renewed May 21, 2007; concluded December
This Alliance was transferred to Region VI. See the
Region VI Alliance Web
page for additional information)
The OSHA and AESC Alliance, focuses on providing AESC members and others in
the well site services industry with information, guidance, and access to training resources to help
them protect employees’ health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to hand
and back hazards. The Alliance’s goals include:
Outreach and communication:
- Work with OSHA to provide the expertise in developing information on the recognition and
prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such
information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA’s and AESC’s
Web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA’s or AESC’s conferences, local meetings, or other industry
related events such as annual AESC Tradeshow and Conference.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding
AESC best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by AESC and
through OSHA- or AESC-developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars and lectures.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on workplace
safety issues such as hand and back hazards for well site services employees to help forge
innovative solutions in the workplace.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases
Activities and Events
- October 2-4, 2006: AESC Annual Health, Safety and Environmental Tradeshow and Conference, Ft.
- October 3, 2006: Richard S. Ranck, Jr., Lead Industrial Hygienist, Region VI, Ft. Worth, Texas
Area Office, USDOL-OSHA, gave a presentation entitled, "Conducting Oil and Gas Site Assessments"
to over 120 attendees.
- October 4, 2006: Michael W. Talmont, Lead Industrial Hygienist, Region VI, Ft. Worth, Texas Area
Office, USDOL-OSHA, gave a presentation entitled, "Oil and Gas Industry - OSHA Update" to over 120
- November 16, 2005: AESC Permian Basin Chapter Meeting, Odessa, Texas.
- November 16, 2005: Violet Hobbs, Safety Engineer, Region VI, Lubbock, Texas Area Office, USDOL-OSHA,
gave a presentation entitled, "OSHA's Alliance Program" to 40 attendees.
- September 12-14, 2005: AESC Annual Health Safety and Environmental Conference, Austin, Texas.
- September 13, 2005: Joann Natarajan, Compliance Assistance Specialist, Region VI, Austin,
Texas Area Office, USDOL-OSHA, and Ron Tom, Texas Workers Compensation Commission, Workers'
Safety and Health Division, gave a presentation about OSHA's cooperative programs, including the
Alliance Program and the On-Site Consultation Program to 40 attendees.
- Joann Natarajan, Compliance Assistance Specialist, Region VI, Austin, Texas Area Office,
USDOL-OSHA and Ron Tom, Texas Workers Compensation Commission, Workers' Safety and Health
Division, staffed the OSHA/AESC Alliance exhibit during the conference.
- March 23, 2005: 1st Quarter 2005 Health and Safety Committee Meeting, Houston, Texas.
- March 23, 2005: Mark Briggs, Compliance Assistance Specialist, Region VI, Houston, Texas
South Area Office, USDOL-OSHA, gave a presentation entitled, "OSHA's Alliance Program" to 30
Products and Resources
Alliance Program Participant Developed Product
Fact Sheet: Well Servicing Best Practices for Employers and Employees. The Well Servicing Best Practices for Employers and Employees fact sheet is a product of
the OSHA and AESC Alliance. It identifies hazards associated with well servicing activities and
safe work practices to help reduce or eliminate the risk of injuries or illnesses.
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages