The ACCA Alliance focuses on safety supervision, equipment and material handling, driver and vehicle safety, ladder and lift use, and lock-out/tag-out in the heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) industry. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication:
- Identify existing resources and stimulate the development of new training programs and materials as appropriate.
OSHA will review and comment on existing ACCA safety and health material periodically, suggesting updating as
Seek opportunities for OSHA representatives to speak, exhibit or appear at the national ACCA conference as well
as at chapter meetings or other events.
Develop and disseminate information through ACCA print and electronic media, including linkage between OSHA's
and ACCA's web sites.
Cross-train OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals in effective approaches for improving
the safety and health of workers in the HVACR contracting industry.
Promote and encourage ACCA members' awareness of and participation in OSHA's
Participate in forums and roundtable discussions on multi-employer worksite issues.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases
- March 9-12, 2005: 2005 Conference & Indoor Air Expo, Renaissance Austin, Austin, Texas.
- Joann Natarajan, Compliance Assistance Specialist, Austin Area Office, USDOL-OSHA, and Ron Tom,
Texas Workers Compensation Commission, Workers' Safety and Health Division staffed the OSHA-ACCA
Alliance exhibit during the conference.
- March 11, 2005: Joann Natarajan, Compliance Assistance Specialist, Austin
Area Office, USDOL-OSHA, and Ron Tom, Texas Workers Compensation Commission,
Workers' Safety and Health Division, gave a presentation about the
Consultation Program to 50 members of the ACCA Executive Committee.
- February 25-28, 2004: 2004 ACCA Conference and Indoor Air Expo, New Orleans Marriott, New Orleans,
Louisiana. OSHA had a tabletop exhibit in the registration area.
- February 25, 2004: OSHA/ACCA Alliance, Dorinda Folse, Compliance Assistance Specialist, Baton Rouge Area Office,
USDOL-OSHA, presented an overview of the OSHA/ACCA Alliance to members
of the ACCA Safety and Health Committee.
Products and Resources
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages