Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
(signed May 8, 2003; concluded May 8, 2005)
The ACCA Alliance focuses on safety supervision, equipment and material handling, driver and vehicle safety, ladder and lift use, and lock-out/tag-out in the heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) industry. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Identify existing resources and stimulate the development of new training programs and materials as appropriate. OSHA will review and comment on existing ACCA safety and health material periodically, suggesting updating as appropriate.
- Seek opportunities for OSHA representatives to speak, exhibit or appear at the national ACCA conference as well as at chapter meetings or other events.
- Develop and disseminate information through ACCA print and electronic media, including linkage between OSHA's and ACCA's web sites.
- Cross-train OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals in effective approaches for improving the safety and health of workers in the HVACR contracting industry.
- Promote and encourage ACCA members' awareness of and participation in OSHA's cooperative programs.
- Participate in forums and roundtable discussions on multi-employer worksite issues.
- Agreement signed May 8, 2003.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2003-2004, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Close-out Report as of May 8, 2005.
Alliance News Releases
- Forklift Operations by Young Workers Subject of Safety Initiative. OSHA News Release, (2004, February 11).
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America Align with OSHA. OSHA News Release, (2003, May 8).