National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA)
(signed September 13, 2017)
Through the Alliance, OSHA and NGFA will work together to provide members and others with information, guidance, and access to resources that help to protect the safety of workers, specifically by further reducing and preventing exposure to safety and health hazards associated with grain bin entry, machine guarding, respiratory protection, falls, heat, combustible dust, struck-by, and lockout/tagout in the grain handling industry, and understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). The goals of the Alliance include:
Raising Awareness of OSHA’s Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives:
- To share information on occupational safety and health laws, standards, and guidance resources, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
Outreach and Communication:
- Gather and share OSHA- and NGFA-recommended practices or effective approaches on the recognition and prevention of grain handling hazards among OSHA personnel, industry safety and health professionals, and others through workshops, seminars, lectures, and websites (or other comparable communication methods).
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA or NGFA conferences, local meetings, or other events, such as the Grain Industry Stand-Up focusing on grain engulfment prevention; and NGFA events, including regional regulatory compliance seminars.
- To encourage NGFA’s state and regional affiliates to build relationships with OSHA’s Regional and Area Offices to address health and safety issues, including grain handling safety.
- Agreement signed September 13, 2017.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report FY2018, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.