International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA)
(signed September 9, 2003; concluded September 9, 2005)
OSHA's Alliance with the ISEA focuses on outreach and communication about the importance of the proper selection, use, and maintenance of personal protective equipment (PPE). In addition, the Alliance seeks to further the national dialogue on safety and health, in particular seeking, sharing, and publicizing best practices and developing and promoting the business case for safety especially as it relates to PPE. Alliance goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Disseminate information to improve worker safety and health and inform users about the appropriate forms of personal protective equipment for the various hazards. Also, promote the value of using personal protective equipment to mitigate the hazards of heavy construction. Provide electronic links for users to beneficial materials available on OSHA and ISEA websites.
- Promote communication between ISEA and it members and OSHA personnel, including Compliance Assistance Specialists, in order to stay current with developments in the field.
- Work with other Alliance participants on construction industry projects that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Collect and share with construction employers, labor, insurance providers, other state and federal government officials, and safety and health professionals information on the latest equipment technologies and best practices in the selection and use of personal protective equipment, as determined by OSHA and ISEA, and publicize the results through outreach by ISEA and through OSHA or ISEA-developed training programs and materials.
- Continue to develop and promote the business case for safety and health, especially as it relates to the cost benefits of PPE.
- Participate in stakeholder and other forums for providing input on safety and health issues.
- Agreement signed September 9, 2003.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2003-2004, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Close-out Report as of September 9, 2005.
Alliance News Releases
- OSHA, International Safety Equipment Association Join Forces at World of Concrete 2004 in Orlando. OSHA News Release, (2004, February 16).
- International Safety Equipment Association Aligns with OSHA. OSHA News Release, (2003, September 9).