OSHA's Alliance with the ISEA focuses on outreach and communication about the importance of the proper selection, use, and maintenance of personal protective equipment (PPE). In addition, the Alliance seeks to further the national dialogue on safety and health, in particular seeking, sharing, and publicizing best practices and developing and promoting the business case for safety especially as it relates to PPE. Alliance goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Disseminate information to improve worker safety and health and inform users about the appropriate forms of personal protective equipment for the various hazards. Also, promote the value of using personal protective equipment to mitigate the hazards of heavy construction. Provide electronic links for users to beneficial materials available on OSHA and ISEA websites.
- Promote communication between ISEA and it members and OSHA personnel, including Compliance Assistance
Specialists, in order to stay current with developments in the field.
- Work with other Alliance participants on construction industry projects that are addressed and developed
through the Alliance Program.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Collect and share with construction employers, labor, insurance providers, other state and federal government officials, and safety and health professionals information on the latest equipment technologies and best practices in the selection and use of personal protective equipment, as determined by OSHA and ISEA, and publicize the results through outreach by ISEA and through OSHA or ISEA-developed training programs and materials.
- Continue to develop and promote the business case for safety and health, especially as it relates to the cost benefits of PPE.
- Participate in stakeholder and other forums for providing input on safety and health issues.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases
Activities and Events
- March 15-19, 2005: CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2005, Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- April 25-27, 2004: ISEA AnnualMeeting, San Diego, California.
- April 27, 2004:Ms. Paula White, Director, Directorate of Cooperative and
State Programs, USDOL-OSHA, gave a presentation during the conference.
- February 16-20 2004: World of Concrete 2004,
Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida. OSHA had an exhibit booth in the convention center and Roberto Sanchez, Area Director,
Birmingham, Alabama Area Office, USDOL-OSHA, helped staff the ISEA Concrete Safety Station in the outdoor demonstration area.
- November 18, 2003: 2003 FallMeeting: Responder Protection Showcase, Loews L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, Washington, DC.
Products and Resources
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages