Health Physics Society (HPS)
(signed February 20, 2004; concluded February 20, 2006)
OSHA's Alliance with the HPS focuses on enhancing workplace health and safety, and assisting employers in developing a preventive focus for radiological safety and health issues in workplace environments, especially related to emergency preparedness. OSHA and HPS will use their collective expertise to identify existing and emerging occupational radiological safety and health issues and share technical information and best practices. The goals of the Alliance include:
Training and education
- Provide OSHA's Training Institute with educational and training materials and resources on radiological safety and provide peer review of OSHA technical documents and training curricula on topics relevant to radiological safety issues.
Outreach and communication
- Identify existing and emerging occupational radiological safety and health issues in the workplace and share technical information and best practices, as jointly determined by OSHA and HPS regarding radiological safety.
- Identify individuals within the Society who have expertise on specific radiological safety issues, and have agreed to serve as direct points of contact for OSHA regarding those issues.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Work together to encourage employers to incorporate radiological safety strategies into their overall safety and health programs.
- Agreement signed February 20, 2004.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Annual Alliance Report 2004-2005, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Close-out Report as of February 20, 2006.
Alliance News Releases
- OSHA Signs Alliance with Health Physics Society. OSHA News Release, (2004, February 24).