<< Back to Concluded Alliances
(signed February 20, 2004; concluded February 20, 2006)
OSHA's then-Assistant Secretary, John Henshaw, and HPS'
President, Kenneth Kase, sign national Alliance February 20, 2004.
Front row L-R: OSHA's then-Assistant Secretary, John Henshaw, and HPS' President, Kenneth Kase.
Back row L-R: HPS members: Scott Kirk, Sean Austin, Richard Burk and Keith Dinger after the Alliance
OSHA's Alliance with the HPS focuses on enhancing workplace health and safety, and assisting employers in developing a
preventive focus for radiological safety and health issues in workplace environments, especially related to emergency preparedness. OSHA and
HPS will use their collective expertise to identify existing and emerging occupational radiological safety and health issues and share
technical information and best practices. The goals of the Alliance include:
Training and education:
- Provide OSHA's Training Institute with educational and training materials and resources on radiological safety and provide peer review of
OSHA technical documents and training curricula on topics relevant to radiological safety issues.
Outreach and communication:
- Identify existing and emerging occupational radiological safety and health issues in the workplace and share technical information and
best practices, as jointly determined by OSHA and HPS regarding radiological safety.
- Identify individuals within the Society who have expertise on specific radiological safety issues, and have agreed to serve as direct
points of contact for OSHA regarding those issues.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Work together to encourage employers to incorporate radiological safety strategies into their overall safety and health programs.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases
Activities and Events
- January 22-25, 2006: 2006 Midyear Topical Meeting, Scottsdale, Arizona.
- July 10-14, 2005:
50th Annual Meeting, Spokane Convention Center, Spokane, Washington.
- The OSHA - HPS Alliance had an exhibit booth during the Annual Meeting.
- July 5-8, 2005: 2005 Summer School, Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington.
- February 13-16, 2005: 2005 Midyear Topical Meeting, New Orleans Marriott, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- July 11-15, 2004: 49th Annual Meeting, Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, DC.
- Sandi Khan, Safety and Occupational Health Specialist, USDOL-OSHA, and Jeffery Lodwick, Health Physicist, Salt Lake Technical Center,
staffed the OSHA/HPS Alliance exhibit booth.
- July 6-9, 2004: 2004 Health Physics Society Summer School,
National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Products and Resources
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages