Gilbane Building Company
(signed September 29, 2004; concluded January 31, 2006)
The OSHA and Gilbane Building Company Alliance, focuses on providing Gilbane's employees and others in the construction industry with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help protect employees' safety and health, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to fall hazards. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education
- Provide expertise to OSHA to develop safety and health curricula on fall prevention, and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employers and employees in the industry. In addition, Gilbane Building Company will conduct two (2) 30-hour construction safety courses during each year of the Alliance to Gilbane employees, others in the construction industry and OSHA representatives.
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information to employers and employees in the industry.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding Gilbane Building Company's best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by Gilbane Building Company and through OSHA - or Gilbane Building Company's developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars and lectures (or any other applicable forum).
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums and round table discussions to help forge construction safety and health innovative solutions to employee safety and health issues in the workplace.
- Agreement signed September 29, 2004.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2004-2005, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Close-out Report as of January 31, 2006.
Alliance News Releases
- OSHA Aligns with the Gilbane Building Company. OSHA News Release, (2004, September 29).