Compliance Assistance Quick Start
Health Care Industry
Follow the steps below to identify some of the major OSHA requirements and guidance materials that may apply to your health care facility. These steps will lead you to resources on OSHA's Web site that will help you comply with OSHA requirements and prevent workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Step 1: OSHA Requirements That Apply to Many Health Care Employers
- Step 2: Other Hazards at Health Care Facilities
- Step 3: Survey Your Workplace for Additional Hazards
- Step 4: Find Information About Specific Health Care Sectors
- Step 5: Develop a Comprehensive Safety and Health Program
- Step 6: Train Your Employees
- Step 7: Recordkeeping, Reporting, and Posting
- Step 8: Find Additional Compliance Assistance Information
NOTE: If you have Spanish-speaking employees, visit OSHA's Spanish-Language Compliance Assistance Resources page and OSHA en Español. If you employ temporary workers, visit OSHA's Protecting Temporary Workers page. If you employ teen or young workers, visit OSHA's Young Workers page.