|<< Back to Region VII
Regional Alliance Annual Report
Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the
Omaha Public Schools - Career Center
March 2006 – March 2007
Initial: March 2, 2005
Renewed: February 27, 2007
This alliance established a collaborative relationship between the OSHA Omaha Office and the Omaha
Public Schools - Career Center, to provide young workers exposure to occupational safety and health
concepts, requirements, and best practices. This alliance also affords Construction Academy students
the opportunity to obtain an OSHA 10-Hour Construction Outreach card, as well as industry
recognition, access to multiple safety training resources, and internship opportunities.
Alliance Team Members:
- Spring 2006 – OSHA staff instructed OPS Industrial Technology faculty in OSHA 10-Hour General
Industry Outreach program. Faculty receive valuable safety and health information that may be
integrated into existing Industrial Technology curriculum, as well as improving safety and health
practices at the various middle and high school I.T. laboratories.
- Spring 2006 – OSHA representative serves on the Construction Academy Advisory Committee.
Assisted with the development of internships for Construction Academy students between their
Junior and Senior years.
- Fall 2006 – OSHA staff and construction industry safety directors provided the required
training necessary to obtain the OSHA 10-hour card to fourteen Construction Academy students.
- Winter 2006 – Coordinated ceremony awarding OSHA 10-hour cards to class participants.
Construction industry representatives, OPS Administrators, OSHA staff, and the media were present.
The ceremony also allowed brief public speaking opportunities for the recipients.
- Spring 2007 – re-signed Omaha Public Schools – Career Center Alliance for two additional years.
OSHA alliance driver continues to serve as a member at quarterly OPS Construction Academy Advisory
- Planning second 10 –Hour General Industry program for faculty (April 07).
- Planning to participate in OPS Career Fair, scheduled for late (April 07).
- Planning for Construction Academy Instructor, Andrew Naikelis, to attend the OSHA 500 Course
(Train-the-Trainer in Construction) at Midwest OSHA Education Center (Omaha) during Summer 07.
- Andrew Naikelis – Construction Academy Instructor
- Doug Fletcher CIH, CSP – OSHA Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Phil Pisasale – OSHA Health Compliance Officer