Scheduled Maintenance - President's Day Weekend
The U.S. Department of Labor will be conducting scheduled system maintenance beginning Friday, Feb. 15 at 5 p.m. ET through Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 8 a.m. ET. Some pages may be temporarily unavailable. To report an emergency, file a complaint with OSHA, or to ask a safety and health question, call 1-800-321-6742 (OSHA).
<<< Federal Agency Injury and Illness Recordkeeping...
Printing Instructions | Text Version
TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
Title: 1904.11 - Tuberculosis
Type: Text Slide
- Record a case where an employee is exposed at work to someone with a known case of active
tuberculosis, and subsequently develops a TB infection
- Must check the 300 Log column for "respiratory condition"
- A case is not recordable when:
- The worker is living with a person who is diagnosed with active TB
- The Public Health Department has identified the worker as a contact of an individual with
- A medical investigation shows the employee’s infection was caused by exposure away from work
If an employee is exposed to an active case of tuberculosis at work, and then has a positive TB
skin test or becomes an active case, then it must be recorded.
The case does not have to be recorded if there is evidence that the case did not arise from a