Scheduled Maintenance - President's Day Weekend
The U.S. Department of Labor will be conducting scheduled system maintenance beginning Friday, Feb. 15 at 5 p.m. ET through Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 8 a.m. ET. Some pages may be temporarily unavailable. To report an emergency, file a complaint with OSHA, or to ask a safety and health question, call 1-800-321-6742 (OSHA).
<<< Federal Agency Injury and Illness Recordkeeping...
Printing Instructions | Text Version
TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
Title: Retention and Updating
Type: Text Slide
- Retain forms for 5 years following the year that they cover
- Update the OSHA Form 300 during that period
- Need not update the OSHA Form 300A or OSHA Form 301
- Must retain copies from system in effect prior to Jan. 1, 2005 for 5 years following the year
that they cover
- Do not need to update these old forms
The records must be retained for five years.
During the retention period, the employer must update the 300 form to include any cases that are
newly discovered or whose status has changed, but does not have to change the summary or the 301