- Synonyms: examples of various Aflatoxins include- Aflatoxin B1; Aflatoxin B2; Aflatoxin G1; Aflatoxin G2; Aflatoxin M1; Aflatoxin M2
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: 0122
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 1402-68-2; 1162-65-8 (Aflatoxin B1); 7220-81-7 (Aflatoxin B2); 1165-39-5 (Aflatoxin G1); 7241-98-7 (Aflatoxin G2); 6795-23-9 (Aflatoxin M1); 6885-57-0 (Aflatoxin M2)
- Carcinogenic Classification:
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC): Group 1, carcinogenic to humans (PDF)
- Health Effects: LD50 (oral, rat) 5 mg/kg, Aflatoxin B1; LD50 (oral, duck) 785 ug/kg, Aflatoxin G1
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method:
- Call SLTC for sampling instructions for all Aflatoxins.
GC/FID, column- 15m 0.25µm DB-5, temperature 50-300°C at 15°C/min. "When the initial temperature of the column and injector was higher than 60°C, all four AF peaks became broad and the sensitivity was reduced." Analytical solvent was benzene:acetonitrile (98:2).
Goto, Tetsuhisa; Journal of Chromatography, 447 (1988) 410-4.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top