OSHA Technical Manual (OTM)
OSHA Instruction TED 01-00-015
The OSHA Technical Manual (OTM) provides technical information about workplace hazards and controls to OSHA’s Compliance Safety and Health Officers (CSHOs). This information supports OSHA’s enforcement and outreach activities to assure safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women. The content is based on currently available research publications, OSHA standards, and consensus standards. The OTM is available to the public for use by other health and safety professionals, employers, and anyone involved in developing or implementing an effective workplace safety and health program.
The OTM is not a substitute for OSHA standards and is not used for establishing agency compliance policies. In the unlikely event of any inconsistencies between material in the manual and the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Act and the standards and regulations promulgated there under, the latter are controlling.
- Personal Sampling for Air Contaminants
- Occupational Skin Exposure
- Technical Equipment: On-site Measurements
- Polymer Matrix Materials: Advanced Composites
- Indoor Air Quality Investigation
- Ventilation Investigation
- Heat Stress
- Laser Hazards
- Legionnaire's Disease, see OSHA's Safety and Health Topics Page for updated information
- Hospital Investigations: Health Hazards
- Controlling Exposure to Hazardous Drugs, see OSHA's Safety and Health Topics Page for updated information.
- Back Disorders and Injuries
- Chemical Protective Clothing
- Respiratory Protection