parts of the chicken that have sufficient meat are candidates for a
product. The deboning process generally follows the cutting operation
when deboning legs and thighs. The breast meat, however, may be
removed while the carcass is still on the cone at the end of the cutting
facilities, the birds are aged in a cooler before the meat is separated
from the bone.
deboning cuts are performed with a knife, some of
the processes, such as removal of the meat from the bone of the leg, can
be more easily and safely accomplished by using other cutting tools such
as a Whizzard knife. Trimming tasks in this process are generally
performed with scissors.
meat has been removed from the bone it may be quick frozen and bagged
with little additional trimming or processing, or it may be moved to a
separate specialty trim line where it is trimmed and cut according to
This operation includes the following tasks:
- Task 1: Skin Puller: Pulls skin from thighs and breasts.
- Task 2: Line Loader: Places parts on conveyor for
- Task 3: Deboner: Uses knife to remove bone
from various sections of poultry leaving a "meat only" product.
- Task 4: Tender Puller: Pulls tenders from both sides of
the deboned breast.
- Task 5: Trimmer: Removes unwanted parts with scissors or knife.
- Task 6: Quality Control Inspector: Inspects