Machine Guarding eTool
Machine Guarding » Bibliography
- 1910 Subpart O, Machinery and Machine Guarding, includes the following :
- 1910 Subpart O - Authority for 1910 Subpart O
- 1910.211 - Definitions
- 1910.212 - General requirements for all machines
- 1910.213 - Woodworking machinery requirements
- 1910.214 - Cooperage machinery. [Reserved]
- 1910.215 - Abrasive wheel machinery
- 1910.216 - Mills and calenders in the rubber and plastics industries
- 1910.217 - Mechanical power presses
- 1910.217 App A - Mandatory requirements for certification/validation of safety systems for presence sensing device initiation of mechanical power presses
- 1910.217 App B - Nonmandatory guidelines for certification/validation of safety systems for presence sensing device initiation of mechanical power presses
- 1910.217 App C - Mandatory requirements for OSHA recognition of third-party validation organizations for the PSDI standard
- 1910.217 App D - Nonmandatory supplementary information
- 1910.218 - Forging machines
- 1910 Subpart P, Hand and Portable Powered Tools and Other Hand Held Equipment, includes the following:
- Part 1960 Basic Program Elements for Federal Employees OSHA
OSHA's Safety and Health Management Guidelines, 54 FR 3904, January 26, 1989.
Machine Guarding. OSHA Safety and Health Topic Page.
Applicable American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Standards:
- ANSI B11.1-1988 (R1944) Mechanical Power Presses
- ANSI B11.2-1995 Hydraulic Power Presses
- ANSI B11.3-1982 (R1994) Power Press Brakes
- ANSI B11.4-1993 Shears
- ANSI B11.5-1988 (R1994) Ironworkers
- ANSI B11.6-1984 (R1994) Lathes
- ANSI B11.7-1995 Cold Headers and Cold Formers
- ANSI B11.8-1983 (R1994) Drilling, Milling, and Boring Machines
- ANSI B11.9-1975 (R1997) Grinding Machinery
- ANSI B11.10-1990 (R1997) Metal Sawing Machines
- ANSI B11.11-1985 (R1994) Gear Cutting Machines
- ANSI B11.12-1996 Roll-Forming and Roll-Bending Machines
- ANSI B11.13 Automatic Screw/Bar and Chucking
- ANSI B11.14-1996 Coil-Slitting Machines
- ANSI B11.15-1985 (R1994) Pipe, Tube, and Shape Bending Machines
- ANSI B11.16 Metal Powder Compacting Presses
- ANSI B11.17-1996 Coil-Slitting Machines
- ANSI B11.18-1997 Machinery and Machine Systems for Processing Strip, Sheet, or Plate From Coiled Configuration
- ANSI B11.19-1990 (R1997) Safeguarding When Referenced by the Other B11 Machine Tool Safety Standards.
- ANSI B65.3-1991 Safety Standard for Guillotine Paper Cutters
- ANSI B151.5-1982 (Revised 1988) Plastic Film and Sheet Winding Equipment
- ANSI B151.20-1999 Plastic Sheet Production Machinery
- ANSI B155.1-1994 Packaging Machinery and Packaging-Related Converting Machinery
- ANSI B177.1-1997 Three Roller Printing Ink Mills
- ASME B5.52M-1980 (R1994) Mechanical Power Presses, General Purpose Single Point
- ASME B15.1-1996 Mechanical Power Transmission Apparatus
- ASME B15.1A-1997 Addenda to B15.1-1996
- ASME B15.1B-1998 Addenda to B15.1-1996
- ASME B20.1-1996 Conveyors and Related Equipment, with Interpretations A and B
- ASME B20.1A and B20.1B Addenda to B20.1-1996
ANSI Standards for Turning Machines:
- ANSI B11/TR.1 Ergonomic Considerations for the Design, Installation and use of Machine Tools
- ANSI B11/TR.2 Mist Control
- ANSI B11/TR.3 Risk Assessment
- R15.06 Robotic Safeguarding
- 01.1 Woodworking Machinery
- Guide for Protecting Workers from Woodworking Hazards. OSHA Publication 3157, (1999).
- Machine Safeguarding. OSHA, North Carolina Department of Labor.
- Machine Safety Research at NIOSH and the Future Directions. John R. Etherton and Melvin L. Myers. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 944 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV 26505
- The What, Why, and How of OSHA Requirements for Mechanical Power Presses and Press Breaks. Link Electric and Safety Control Co, P.O. Box 100, Kingston Spring, TN 37082.
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout). OSHA Publication 3120, (2002).
- Hand and Power Tools. OSHA Publication 3080, (2002).
- Safeguarding Equipment and Protecting Employees from Amputations. OSHA Publication 3170-02R, (2007).
- OSHA Directorate of Training and Education.
- Health & Safety: Imminent Danger Manual. Transport Workers Union of America.
- Machine Guarding Requirements. University of South Carolina.
- Paper Machine Safety. Belort Corp., Beloit, WI 53511
- Brett-Guard Safety Tool. The Foredom Electric Co., Bethel, CT 06801
- Windau, JA. Worker fatalities from being caught in machinery. Compensation and Working Conditions 1998 Winter; 3(4):35-38. Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS).
- Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines; Issuance of Voluntary Guidelines. OSHA Federal Register Notice 54:3904-3916, (January 26, 1989).
- Injuries, Illnesses, and Fatalities. Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS), Safety and Health Statistics.