Through the Alliance, OSHA and CMAA are providing the organization's members and others, including small businesses, with information, guidance, and access to training resources to help protect membership club employees' health and safety including non-English or limited English speaking and youth workers. In particular, the Alliance focuses on addressing Hazard Communication (HAZCOM), recordkeeping and respiratory protection issues. In addition, the organizations will address safety and health issues related to membership clubs' landscaping and horticultural activities. The Alliance's goals include:
Training and education
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop training and education courses and "toolbox talks" in English and Spanish on HAZCOM, recordkeeping, respiratory protection and landscaping and horticultural activities and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employers and employees in the industry.
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's and CMAA's Web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or CMAA's annual events, local meetings, or other events such as CMAA's World Conference on Club Management and Leadership/Legislative Conference.
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects, including HAZCOM, recordkeeping, respiratory protection and landscaping and horticultural activities that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, roundtable discussions or stakeholder meetings on small business, non-English or limited English speaking and youth worker outreach and HAZCOM, recordkeeping and respiratory protection issues and landscaping and horticultural activities, to help forge innovative solutions in workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.