Mechanical Operations » Flammable and Combustible Liquids
Highlights of Requirements for Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Flammable and combustible liquids must be stored, handled, transported, and used in accordance with OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.106. [Should we attempt to summarize this standard?]
- These liquids must not be transported in the driver compartment or in any passenger-occupied area of a machine or vehicle.
- With the exception of diesel powered machines, equipment must be shut off during fueling. Diesels may be fueled while at idle, assuming safe fueling procedures are followed.
- Fuels can be used to start fires if the particular situation does not create a hazard to workers.
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart R, Special industries. OSHA Standard.
1910.266(d)(9), Flammable and combustible liquids
- Logging Operations. OSHA Federal Register Final Rules 60:47022-47037 (September 8, 1995). Amends the logging operations standard. [See Paragraph (d)(9)(i) -- Storage and Handling of Flammable and Combustible Liquids.]