Training and Outreach Materials
This page provides links to several construction resources for safety and health training.
Materials developed to provide assistance for the Construction Industry.
- Outreach Training Program. OSHA's Outreach Program for Trainers.
- Construction Safety and Health. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- Example Standard Summary cards. OSHA Directorate of Construction, (1999). These two examples are 5½ by 8½ cards each of which contains summary information about a specific construction standard.
- Fall Protection - It's a Snap! and Overhead Power Lines. OSHA Region VII, (2000, March 17). An "Employer Information Kit" developed for use by construction employers or trainers to voluntarily comply with OSHA's fall protection standards and regulations related to electrocution hazards.
- Oregon State Occupational Safety & Health Program in Spanish and English
- OSHA Construction Alliances. Provides a listing of signed alliances specific to construction, each providing information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help protect employees' health and safety.
- OSHA Construction Partnerships. Provides a listing of partnership agreements designed to encourage, assist, and recognize partner efforts to eliminate serious hazards and achieve model workplace safety and health practices. Each OSHA Strategic Partnership establishes specific goals, strategies, and performance measures to improve worker safety and health.
- OSHA Safety and Health Topics pages include training and outreach information associated with specific topics.
- OSHA Susan Harwood Training Grant - Grantee Produced Training Materials. Provides training and education programs for workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces through Susan Harwood Training Program grants.
- OSHA Technical Manual. OSHA Directorate of Technical Support, (1999, January). Two sections of this manual apply to Construction.
- Other OSHA Presentations for Outreach. Existing OSHA presentations and resources are linked from this page for OSHA 500 trainers, employers, and employees.
- Small Business Outreach Manual. OSHA. Some of the information contained in this manual may be used for Construction.
- Women in the Construction Workplace: Providing Equitable Safety and Health Protection. OSHA and the ACCSH Health and Safety of Women in Construction (HASWIC) Work Group. As increasing numbers of women enter the construction trades, concerns about their health and safety are growing. This report outlines the safety and health issues, presents data and anecdotal information that illustrate the problem, and provides recommendations to address these emerging issues.
Training and Reference Materials Library. Contains training and reference materials developed by DTE as well as links to other related sites
Links to the OSHA Training and Education Institute, and electronic programmed learning tools.