Provides links to OSHA Construction Standards, agency policies for enforcing the standards, and other information to assist the construction industry.
Letters of Interpretation. OSHA responses to specific questions relating to the Agency's letters of interpretation.
Directives. Documents that provide OSHA's operating procedures and assure consistency within the agency.
Safety and Health Information Bulletins (SHIBs). One tool OSHA uses to inform internal staff and the public of significant occupational safety and health issues concerning hazard recognition, evaluation, and control in the workplace and at emergency response sites.
- Tilt-Up Panel Construction Hazard. (2003, October 15).
- Clearing Piping Systems with Natural Gas. OSHA Industry Alert, (2010, August 27).
- Cranes and Derricks in Construction (PDF). Final Rule 75:47905-48177, (2010, August 9).
- Steel Erection (PDF). Final Rule 75:27428-27429, (2010, May 17).
- Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution; Electrical Protective Equipment; Extension of Comment Period; Change in Date of Public Hearing. Proposed Rules 70:59290-59292, (2005, October 12).
- For construction related questions that are not answered by these pages, contact the OSHA or State Plan Office in your location.
- Protecting the Safety and Health of Communication Tower Workers (PDF*). (2013, November 8).
- Guidance to Compliance Officers for Focused Inspections in the Construction Industry. Standard Interpretation, (1994, August 22). Recognizes the efforts of responsible contractors who have implemented effective safety and health programs, and encourages other contractors to adopt similar programs.
- Inspection Scheduling for Construction. Directive CPL 02-00-141, (2006, July 14). This is an overview of the OSHA construction inspection scheduling system.
- Compliance Guidance for Residential Construction. Directive STD 03-11-002, (2010, December 16).
- Multi-Employer Citation Policy. Directive CPL 02-00-124 [CPL 2-0.124], (1999, December 10). The purpose of this Directive is to clarify the agency's multi-employer citation policy.
- Questions and Answers on the Respiratory Protection Standard (PDF*). (1998, August 3).
- Appendix C to 1910.134:OSHA Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire. A Spanish version is also available.
Standards and Policies
- 29 CFR 1926, Safety and Health Regulations for Construction.
Statistics and Data
- Statistics & Data. Several different types of searches are available. Note: For some searches the letter "C" may be used in the SIC box to search for the Standard Industrial Classification Codes for construction, 1500 to 1799.
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Construction at (202) 693-2020 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Construction at (202) 693-2020.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top