Standard Interpretations are letters or memos written in response to public inquiries or field office inquiries regarding how some aspect of or terminology in an OSHA standard or regulation is to be interpreted and enforced by the Agency. These letters provide guidance to clarify the application of an established OSHA standard, policy, or procedure, but they may not, in themselves, establish or revise OSHA policy or procedure or interpret the OSH Act. They must specifically cite the source policy or procedure document they interpret.
- 1926.550 - Clarification of voltage classification for electric distribution and transmission lines. - 10/21/1986
- 1926.550 - Holding & Hoisting Brakes on Hydraulic Cranes - 11/22/1991
- 1926.550 - Inspection, testing, and operation requirements for Woltman PVE 5021S pile driving equipment. - 02/19/2004
- 1926.550 - Maintaining a safe working perimeter outside a crane's swing radius. - 03/22/1995
- 1926.550 - Necessary precautions required to prevent entry into a swinging superstructure's radius. - 01/16/2003